[lsb-discuss] Getting started with LSB Sample Implementation environment

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Mar 2 13:32:45 PST 2007

> The lsbcc compiled "hello" runs in the SI, while the gcc
> compiled one does not, likely due to the lack of /lib/ld-linux.so.

... and this is intentional for SI, to make it more interesting
as a validation environment.  We actually had a case where
a package was built in what was supposed to be LSB mode, but
due to complex makefiles a binary built several layers down
ignored the setting of CC and used the regular cc anyway, and
since it wasn't the main binary it was never checked by appchk.
Running it in the lsbsi enabled catching this problem (although
even there it took a while with something called by something
else inexplicably not working).