[lsb-discuss] pkgconfig in LSB Build Environment

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Mar 2 18:05:22 PST 2007

> The problem is pkg-config within LSB BE pulling in modules not
> defined in LSB:

> I heard that one possible solution is to use a LSB .pc file

it's in the LSB package lsb-build-desktop, if that is installed
appropriate pkgconfig files are in /opt/lsb/lib/pkgconfig.
I had thought the buildenv had equivalent files in place by
defaults, but I know very little about the buildenv personally.
Showing how much I know, I also thought that the default
condiguration of cc/gcc in the buildenv gave the correct
dynamic linker.  It may be that this never got fixed when
a newer compiler was installed, it used to be you could make
an entry in the gcc specs file, but with gcc4.x compilers,
there is no longer an external specs file you can put it in.