[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (Tuesday, March 6, 11am ET)

Vladimir Rubanov vrub at ispras.ru
Tue Mar 6 09:40:52 PST 2007

As you might know we do apply many changes to the LSB DB schema and data to
clean it up. The development head version at ISP RAS has a lot of changes
compared to the official production version. As we change the DB schema, we
maintain the associated scripts, and Libtodb is among them. The full list of
scripts we maintain is at
http://ispras.freestandards.org/index.php/LSB_DB_Tools.  If Tracy would have
any troubles with his scripts on the new DB version, we'll be happy to help
fixing them. BTW, as a part of DB activities we are trying to reimport QT3
information because the current info in the DB seems to be quite
inconsistent. There are many discoveries there, which will be reported
separately.

According to the current plan, we are going to publish the DB and scripts at
the end of March together with the LSB Navigator on top of it - see preview
demo at http://linuxtesting.org/dbnavigator_probe/browse/index.php.
Meanwhile, if necessary, the DB and scripts could be published earlier
depending of whether Mats has time to transfer them to the production.

BTW, in the long run, we think the current libtodb functionality should be
upgraded to become a part of the Module Import Studio - the idea here is to
have a web-based control center for LSB workgroups to be able to import,
check, view, analyze and modify various information about new modules in the
DB. But implementing this idea is beyond LSB 3.2 timeframe.

/Vladimir.