[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (Tuesday, March 6, 11am ET)

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Mar 6 09:48:38 PST 2007

> BTW, as a part of DB activities we are trying to
> reimport QT3 information because the current info in the DB seems to
> be quite inconsistent. There are many discoveries there, which will
> be reported separately.

I believe you are aware of this already because I understand
people are in contact with TrollTech, but the Qt imports
were "contributed" (in the sense that none of the core
developers have worked on them at all), so they're unfamiliar.

You probably also know, but I say this for the benefit of
everyone because it's something I'd like fixed, the imports
of the X11 libraries is incomplete, and the OpenGL library
even more so.  These four sets - X11, GL, Qt3 and Qt4 -
form a special case where we are not able to generate correct
headers from the database.  In the X11/GL cases we depend
on the distro-native versions instead of supplying an lsb-build-{foo}
package that contains them.  As these have been *very* stable
from upstream it's rarely caused a problem (there is one
known very minor issue).  But it does mean our specification
materials are not completely descriptive.

With the Qt3/Qt4 case, there is an lsb-build-{foo} package
that supplies the headers, which is extracted from an official
upstream tarball.  That's fine because it's done for
copyright/license reasons anyway, but the summary is that
there we don't know, either, if the captured information is
absolutely complete, as we usually depend on building against
the generated headers (especially in the devchk code) to
give us a final cross-check that everything matches and
is complete.