[lsb-discuss] [Fwd: Certification for 3.1 update]

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Tue Mar 6 15:02:46 PST 2007

To clarify, the certification system you're using below is the one we plan
to decommission with LSB 3.1 Update 1, as we've had a lot of problems with
it.

We're folding the online certification system into the RAS project, as it's
a natural extension to the LSB database (which will already know about
distros etc.) and the DTK Manager (you can imagine reporting
problems, submitting journals etc. from within the Manager interface).

This won't be ready till LSB 3.2, so in the meantime, we're moving to 1.
aMember for company management (this also provides the authentication for
the wiki); 2. a mailing list for interaction (problem report submission
and resolution, journal submission, general questions); and
3. a wiki page for the certification
register (http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Certification).

-ian

--