[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (Tuesday, March 20, 11am ET)

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Tue Mar 20 06:41:27 PDT 2007

*** NOTE: NEW PHONE NUMBER AND PASSCODE ***

 Conference Dial-in Number: (605) 990-0400
 Participant Access Code: 953390#

Note: If dialing long distance is a problem, please contact Dan Kohn, and
the LF will arrange to reimburse you for the use of a calling card.

Agenda:

* I, uh, have some news:

http://ianmurdock.com/2007/03/19/joining-sun/

Let's discuss how this will affect the LSB project. While I'll no
longer be the LF's CTO, I'm remaining on as LSB chair, so I don't
expect the day to day to be affected much.

* LSB 3.1 Update 1: Walkthrough of final issues. I'm updating the
Downloads page now, and everything looks good, but let's go through any
final issues. With any luck, we can announce this sometime today.

* LSB 3.2 planning. Here is my list from previous meeting agendas (note
that we've already covered some of this--I still owe the list meeting
minutes for those earlier discussions). Dan Kohn also has some thoughts
here:

http://lists.freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2007-March/003711.html

* Roadmap. What features are on the list for 3.2? Who's on the hook for
doing the work?

* Timeline. Release in June, as per the original plan, or push back the
release given the lateness of Update 1? (Depends largely on the roadmap
and what we consider "vital" for 3.2.)

* "Scale out" strategy. How do we make it easier for external folks to
directly contribute, for other workgroups to produce modules, etc.? Top
priority here is to produce a "how to build an LSB module" document of
some sort.

* What can we expect from the RAS framework in the 3.2 timeframe?

* Tools improvements: I'd like to do a fair bit here before 3.2,
in particular preparation of VMware (or other) images
for the SI, and adding a variety of useful tools to the SDK
(xdg-utils, lsb-install?, alien, APT/yum repo generators,
tools that make bundling external dependencies easier, etc.).

* Developer Network: LSB book update? What else should we aim to do here
by 3.2?

* What is the status of S390?

* Other things?

-ian