[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (Tuesday, March 27, 11am ET)

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Tue Mar 27 07:43:01 PDT 2007

*** NOTE: NEW PHONE NUMBER AND PASSCODE ***

 Conference Dial-in Number: (605) 990-0400
 Participant Access Code: 953390#

Note: If dialing long distance is a problem, please contact Dan Kohn, and
the LF will arrange to reimburse you for the use of a calling card.

Agenda:

Continuation from last week. Note: I'm going to have to drop off about
halfway though.

* LSB 3.2 planning. Here is my list from previous meeting agendas (note
that we've already covered some of this--I still owe the list meeting
minutes for those earlier discussions). Dan Kohn also has some thoughts
here:

http://lists.freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2007-March/003711.html

* Roadmap. What features are on the list for 3.2? Who's on the hook for
doing the work?

* Timeline. Release in June, as per the original plan, or push back the
release given the lateness of Update 1? (Depends largely on the roadmap
and what we consider "vital" for 3.2.)

* "Scale out" strategy. How do we make it easier for external folks to
directly contribute, for other workgroups to produce modules, etc.? Top
priority here is to produce a "how to build an LSB module" document of
some sort.

* What can we expect from the RAS framework in the 3.2 timeframe?

* Tools improvements: I'd like to do a fair bit here before 3.2,
in particular preparation of VMware (or other) images
for the SI, and adding a variety of useful tools to the SDK
(xdg-utils, lsb-install?, alien, APT/yum repo generators,
tools that make bundling external dependencies easier, etc.).

* Developer Network: LSB book update? What else should we aim to do here
by 3.2?

* What is the status of S390?

* Other things?

-ian