[lsb-discuss] Tcl test failures with newer versions of the test kit manager

Andrey Smachev biga at ispras.ru
Wed Nov 14 05:56:09 PST 2007

On 14.11.2007 01:39, Henry Yei wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am seeing issues with running the tcl tests in the application battery
 > through newer versions of the LSB DTK manager.
 > The specific tests failing is the "unixInit-2.6" section. This
 > particular tests passed using the 1.1 version of the DTK manager, but
 > fails using 1.2 - 1.4 of the beta? manager.  The tests pass fine when
 > following the manual steps listed on the LSB site.
 >
 > Please let me know if this is the right place to report this issue,
 > thanks.

Hello, Henry

The source of the error is that DTK manager (since version 1.2) runs tcl
tests using the /opt/lsb/appbat/bin/tclsh symlink to the tclsh8.4 binary
instead of the /opt/lsb/appbat/bin/tclsh8.4 itself. This was done for
supporting a new version of tcl, where the corresponding binary is named
tclsh8.5.

But now it appears that the tests copy the tclsh interpreter to a
temporary directory and do some checks with it. And when it tries to
copy a symlink, it copies the symlink itself. Then it fails because the
symlink is relative.

We will surely fix this problem in the next version of DTK Manager.

At present as a workaround you could replace the
/opt/lsb/appbat/bin/tclsh symlink with a copy of the tclsh8.4 binary.

Thank you for reporting the bug.

--
Andrey Smachev

Linux Verification Center, ISPRAS