[lsb-discuss] LSB and SELinux

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Nov 29 08:21:14 PST 2007

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:
>> A first look at that seems to indicate that any shared library
>> compiled entirely from C/C++ code with -fPIC (we use that because
>> the libraries are big) and without a JIT should be OK from the
>> textrelocs point of view?
>>
> Yes.
>> I don't seem to have an up-to-date enough Linux running (SLES10)
>> to have eu-readelf and the other tools that that page talks about.
>>

> Just use readelf, not sure what eu-readelf is either, but readelf
> will give you the information.

readelf comes from binutils, eu-readelf comes from elfutils,
which contain Ulrich's reimplementation of a lot of the ELF
code.  The stuff in binutils is of, ummm, dubious quality but
has to be carried because binutils has a target of working
"everywhere", while elfutils is free to concentrate on just
Linux.   Not sure how widespread distro uptake of elfutils is -
I just haven't checked; it's clearly there in Redhat/Fedora.