[lsb-discuss] mysterious crash of lsb-autotest on SLES9 SP4 pre, ppc

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Mon Oct 1 01:23:44 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I have found a mysterious problem I don't have an idea what might cause it so
far. Please, does anyone have a clue what might be the culprit? It occurred
in our SLES9 SP4 prerelease, so we possibly botched something :-) but I don't
know what.

When trying to run the lsb-autotest binary contained in the TEF package for
ppc, it segfaults immediately. With strace I have found that it segfaults
even before the main() function starts executing, somewhere in the linker or
glibc initialization code.

Any ideas, please?

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     tel: +420 284 028 969
190 00 Praha 9                         fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic