[lsb-discuss] deprecating some interfaces for LSB 3.2?

Robert Schweikert robert.schweikert at mathworks.com
Tue Oct 23 05:44:35 PDT 2007

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Currently when compiling LSB checkers, three
> interfaces cause gcc depraction warnings to
> be issued.
>
> Should those three interfaces also move to
> deprecated status in LSB?
>
> pthread_h.c: In function 'pthread_h':
> pthread_h.c:838: warning: 'pthread_attr_setstackaddr' is deprecated
> (declared at /usr/include/pthread.h:346)
> pthread_h.c:840: warning: 'pthread_attr_getstackaddr' is deprecated
> (declared at /usr/include/pthread.h:338)

Agree with Nick and Jeff.
> unistd_h.c: In function 'unistd_h':
> unistd_h.c:2803: warning: 'getwd' is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/include/unistd.h:483)

getwd is declared deprecated in the man page (Debian 4.0) and is an easy
global change to getcwd() for anyone.

I see no reason not to deprecate all three interfaces. I hope we have a
"replaced by" entry in the database such that people looking up getwd()
will see that it has been deprecated and what the alternative call is
supported by LSB.

Robert