[lsb-discuss] revamped prototype Perl spec

Richard Dice rdice at perlfoundation.org
Thu Sep 6 09:15:47 PDT 2007

On the issue of static links to versioned Perl documentation, i.e. being
able to specify a specific Perl version in the perldoc.perl.org URL, I
hashed out the details of this with the perldoc.perl.org owner / lead
programmer at a Perl conference in Vienna last week.  He came back to me
earlier today to let me know that this will require not a big change in his
software and he's happy to do this for us.  So, that's a good thing.  The
box which hosts perldoc.perl.org is lacking sufficient hard drive space
though so I have gotten in touch with the perl.org sysadmin team to request
the insertion of a new hard drive.

Just wanted people here to know that forward movement is being experienced
on the Perl Foundation side of things.  I will provide updates as we
continue to move forward on these points.

Cheers,
Richard