[lsb-discuss] Using lsb_release for other purposes

Robert Schweikert robert.schweikert at mathworks.com
Tue Apr 8 08:18:27 PDT 2008

I think we should not over load the information the lsb_release command
returns. If we need more info lets have a separate command.

As far as packaging is concerned we are working on the packaging API
which will hopefully give us programmatic access to information about
installed packages, and with respect to hardware we need to get going on
putting some proc info into the LSB.

Robert