[lsb-discuss] LSB web site

Theodore Tso tytso at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 9 10:12:58 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 10:30:59AM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> I had a discussion this morning at Breakfast about the LSB with a summit
> attendee from TI. Prior to yesterday he was not aware of the LSB and
> what we are trying to do. He mentioned that after hearing about the LSB
> he checked out the web site and found the link to the book. After
> reading a bit he got the perception that we are way behind the times,
> and the book certainly is. He suggested that we remove the book links
> from the web site as it provides outdated information and can provide
> new interested parties with the wrong impression.

Thanks for pointing it out.  I've removed some of the
easier-to-stumble-upon links to the LSB book, including the ones at:

       http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Developers

One of the things that's happening is that as we've started talking
about the upcoming "Linux Developers Network", which we'll probably
launch in in 2-3 months, people are finding our *existing* web page
which is labelled "Linux Developers Network", and there's some stale
information here.  I know we need to update the LSB Roadmap page, and
there's probably other stuff that is old and out of date.

Cal, as you are gathering materials for the new LDN, it will be a very
good idea to update the "old" LDN with some of the new content, since
people are going to keep finding it until the new LDN is out there.

The other web page where we need to make sure all of the first level
links are non-embarassing is:

      http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LSB

       	   	    	 	    	      - Ted