[lsb-discuss] Fwd: LSB 3.2 Embedded Profile

Dan Kohn dan at dankohn.com
Wed Apr 16 10:19:41 PDT 2008

Guys, I went out on a limb to propose this, and need CGL participants
to speak up if you want it to happen.  (MontaVista and WindRiver, this
means you.)  The following questions were raised on the LSB list and
call:

+ Is the name "LSB 3.2 CGL Profile" OK, as using the term embedded
confuses some folks?

+ Do the distros that you're LSB 4.0 registering include qt and gtk
today?  If so, you wouldn't be able to certify under this profile.
Could you please confirm that you're shipping non-GUI distros today.

+ Could you please list some of the most important closed source
applications that run on your CGL distros today?  We would like to
pull them into the LSB process and convince them of the value of LSB
certifying.

Thanks.

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan at dankohn.com>