[lsb-discuss] RPM decision process

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Wed Apr 16 11:06:48 PDT 2008

Dan Kohn wrote:
> Is part of our spec that one builds "alien-compatible" RPMs?  If
> feasible, this seems very worthwhile to enable ISVs to more easily
> support Debian-based distros.

That's precisely the motivation for our spec; many of the limitations
are tied to things alien couldn't handle.  One of the tasks for
uplifting RPM is auditing alien's newer capabilities, and deciding
whether it needs even further enhancements to drive must-have RPM features.

Which, I should point out, Russ was looking at.