[lsb-discuss] RPM decision process

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Thu Apr 17 02:14:38 PDT 2008

Jeff Licquia wrote:
[...]
> The only places where our spec provides pain to ISVs is that rpmbuild
> can't be made to build them easily.  No ISV has told us that they would
> do RPMs [...]

The openSUSE BuildService (http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service) can
build packages for many different distributions, like SUSE, :-) RedHat
or Debian.

Our team is usually open to introduce new distributions, if there are
good reasons for a LSB distribution and useful descriptions for the
requirements, they might add one.

Sorry for doing some a kind of advertising here, but it might be
helpful.

Regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel  -  Maxfeldstr. 5  -  90409 Nuernberg  -  Germany
Phone: +49-911-74053-0