[lsb-discuss] Getting started with LSB

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Apr 22 07:42:50 PDT 2008

> Invoking /bin/sh to run a script is hardly s surprising feature of
> UNIX, even if LINUX may wish to be different.

It's not a surprising feature of Linux either, and definitely
is a requirement of LSB.

There's just a little disconnect there: /bin/sh exists on the
system, but an rpm which is not the native package manager
on the system will claim that the dependency is unsatisfied
nonetheless.  So for our own not-installed-from-rpms sample
implementation, we stuff that in with a tiny "essential
dependencies" package.  No problem.