[lsb-discuss] Getting started with LSB

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Apr 22 07:55:31 PDT 2008

On Apr 22, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

>> Invoking /bin/sh to run a script is hardly s surprising feature of
>> UNIX, even if LINUX may wish to be different.
>
> It's not a surprising feature of Linux either, and definitely
> is a requirement of LSB.
>
> There's just a little disconnect there: /bin/sh exists on the
> system, but an rpm which is not the native package manager
> on the system will claim that the dependency is unsatisfied
> nonetheless.  So for our own not-installed-from-rpms sample
> implementation, we stuff that in with a tiny "essential
> dependencies" package.  No problem.

Whatever reason LSB has for choosing what LSB wants to do
is up to LSB.

All I want is peace and simplicity, privacy and an improvement
in the quality of my life. Discussions about LSB format and LSB needs
of RPM
have destroyed more of my brain cells than all the single malt I
have consumed in my entire life.

73 de Jeff