[lsb-discuss] Time for lsb-developer mail list?

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Wed Apr 23 08:29:51 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Darren Davis spoke thusly:
> Dallman, John wrote:
> > Darren Davis wrote:
> >> I was discussing this with Cal.  I think that as we bring the Linux
> >> Developer Network online, that we may want to consider a mail list
> >
> > like
> >
> >> lsb-developer for discussion for ISV's developing to the LSB standard.
> >> I think this would keep the noise down on the lsb-discuss mail list
> >> which I view as the discussion around the standardization effort and
> >> not just developing to the standard.
> >
> > Sounds good to me, although I'd call it lsb-sdk, or lsb-compliance.
> > The difference between certification - which distributions have -
> > and compliance - which apps have - is often confusing for people who
> > are just learning about LSB.
>
> Agreed.  Or maybe something like lsb-isv or lsb-developer-network to
> make it clear that is where ISV's go.

Or "ldn"

But be warned, in Czech republic, LDN is a popular abbreviation for "station
for long ill patients" :-)

Best regards,

     Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     tel: +420 284 028 969
190 00 Praha 9                         fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic