[lsb-discuss] crypto discussion

Nelson B Bolyard nelson at bolyard.com
Wed Apr 23 18:54:35 PDT 2008

All,

Thank you for having me in your conference call today.

In today's call, I mentioned mod_nss, the mod_ssl replacement that
uses NSS.  There is more information about it here:

mod_nss (for Apache)
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mod_nss
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/mod_nss.html

Fedora also has an OpenSSL compatibility library that uses NSS
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/nss_compat_ossl

I believe that was created to facilitate migration of software from
OpenSSL to NSS as part of the Fedora Crypto Consolidation Project:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-August/msg01594.html
> https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=198695&topic_id=43060
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue107#head-4644cc034882908322a957d5a4cdba713dcf5e05

Finally, I will add that Mozilla's LDAP-SDK uses NSS for LDAP-over-SSL
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/LDAP_C_SDK#The_Mozilla_LDAP_C_SDK

I hope this info aids you in evaluating the options before you.

Regards,
/Nelson