[lsb-discuss] Follow-up from the LF Collab Summit

Dan Kohn dan at dankohn.com
Fri Apr 25 10:10:53 PDT 2008

Chang-Won, thanks for your message.  However, could I suggest that you
repost, this time with the subject something like "/sys and /proc",
and including your suggestions in text.  It's good to have your
presentation, but most people don't tend to open PDF attachments on
mailing lists.

I think the big question for you to ask in the new thread is whether
/sys and /proc are the best management interfaces to standardize, or
whether something like HAL would provide a more stable, usable
interface.  Once there is agreement on what should be included, we
would need to discuss if it can get in for LSB 4.0, and who will do
the work.

We look forward to your involvement with the LSB workgroup.

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan at dankohn.com>
COO, The Linux Foundation <http://www.linux-foundation.org>