[lsb-discuss] Bug call meeting notice: May 6, 12 noon US Eastern

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Tue Apr 29 10:18:47 PDT 2008

We went through 13 bugs on today's call, and decided we would need
another.  If someone's interested but can't make this call, please
follow up to the list and let's figure out a different time.

Mats observed that, at the rate we're going, we're not keeping pace with
new bugs.  So, as a proposal, we'd like to do something different with
the bug vote spreadsheet Ted sent.

We propose that, for bugs with an average priority of 2.8 or higher, we
not discuss the bug, and set its priority from the voting results, if
the standard deviation is 0.8 or below.  Currently, our standard
deviation threshold is 0.5.

Our rationale is that figuring out whether a bug should be a 3 or 4 is a
lot less important to get right than figuring if a bug is priority 1 or
2, or even 2 vs. 3.  Of course, any bug can be brought up if someone
thinks it's important.