[lsb-discuss] Bug call meeting notice: May 6, 12 noon US Eastern

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Apr 29 10:38:18 PDT 2008

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> We went through 13 bugs on today's call, and decided we would need
> another.  If someone's interested but can't make this call, please
> follow up to the list and let's figure out a different time.
>
> Mats observed that, at the rate we're going, we're not keeping pace
> with new bugs.  So, as a proposal, we'd like to do something
> different with the bug vote spreadsheet Ted sent.
>
> We propose that, for bugs with an average priority of 2.8 or higher,
> we not discuss the bug, and set its priority from the voting results,
> if the standard deviation is 0.8 or below.  Currently, our standard
> deviation threshold is 0.5.
>
> Our rationale is that figuring out whether a bug should be a 3 or 4
> is a lot less important to get right than figuring if a bug is
> priority 1 or 2, or even 2 vs. 3.  Of course, any bug can be brought
> up if someone thinks it's important.

Of the 50 bugs >= 2.8, 42 would thus be considered prioritized and
we'd only have eight to talk about.  Those have a wide enough spread
of opinions that we should discuss why.

We might want to conduct a new ballot with any bugs remaining numbered
1990 and above (1990-2008 appear on the spreadsheet, but were not on
the original ballot so some people didn't comment).  We're up to 2078
so the bug filing has definitely continued, although only 31 of those
additional 70 have not yet been closed so we're also knocking them
off as we can.