[lsb-discuss] LSB conf call notes for 2008-07-30

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Mon Aug 4 10:36:43 PDT 2008

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Thanks for the minutes, Jeff, I unfortunately had a conflicting call on
> Wednesday, so I couldn't join in this week.
> I'd be glad to work with you to follow up on specific issues regarding
> Java - is there are a list of open items?

I don't know that we have a complete list.  Some issues that come to mind:

  - What version of the Java spec should the LSB refer to?

  - How will distro vendors acquire and run the Java test suite?

  - How will application vendors writing Java code certify to LSB?  Can
we just bless the 100% Pure Java program, or is there more to it?

  - Are there any Linux-specific parts of Java that we need to document?
  (JNI comes to mind.)