[lsb-discuss] Specification missing for some *_r APIs

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Aug 6 10:47:27 PDT 2008

Pavan Naregundi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Following APIs are included in LSB 4.0 Specification, but Main
> Description of these are not pointing to their man pages. For example
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/navigator/browse/int_single.php?cmd=list-by-name&Ilibrary=libc&Iname=getpwent_r
>
> getprotobyname_r
> getpwent_r
> getservbyname_r
> getservbyport_r
> getgrent_r
>
> Is this because of lack of information in the LSB DB?

Yes.

The mapping you're looking for comes from the IntStd join table,
which shows a reference to the base standard (in this case LSB)
as well as a link to the actual page if available.  When these
were added there wasn't an LSB page written yet for these,
so I was reluctant to put the link in there.  We should go back
and add it.