[lsb-discuss] Linux Application Checker impressions

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Aug 8 22:56:52 PDT 2008

> 2) it was delivered as a tarball rather than an LSB package.
> While there's nothing wrong with tarballs, this
> seems like an area where eating your own dogfood
> might be appropriate.

It was discussed; while I generally agree with you this
was a case where (for now) it was considered it could
provide a barrier to entry for people who don't otherwise
have an LSB-conforming distro to use for their testing.

> 3) One of these days it would be sweet if the Linux Foundation
> had its own yum and apt repositories.

We do, although I'm finding information on it not particularly
easy to find.

If you drill down below:

http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/repositories

you can find stuff for released packages, and under:

http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/snapshots/repositories

you can find the nightly-build development packages.

I've got apt and yum recipies for these but before
posting them I'll have another hunt for the wiki page
I *thought* we had which describes these.

The application checker is actually several packages,
there might be some benefit to a "task" package which
makes sure all of them are in place.