[lsb-discuss] [Fwd: NSS public functions]

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Mon Aug 11 15:06:54 PDT 2008

Hi Bob,

Robert Relyea wrote:
> Jeff Licquia wrote:
>> Howard Chu wrote:
>>
>>> Initialization
>>> Initialization includes setting up configuration files, setting global
>>> defaults, and setting up callback functions. Functions used in the
>>> initialization part of an application can include the following:
>>>
>>>      * PR_Init. Initializes NSPR. Must be called before any other NSS
>>> functions.
>>>
>> The docs seem to imply that this function need not be explicitly called
>> anymore, and its parameters are ignored.  So, we could exclude it from
>> our spec entirely, or define it in such a way that it would no longer
>> reference NSPR.
>>
> That is correct, it need not be part of the LSB spec.

I'm seeing various folks mention that some of these functions are now
deprecated. Yet the documentation here (linked to from the LSB wiki) says
these functions are required.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ref/ssl/sslintro.html

Is there more up-to-date documentation I should be reading instead?
--
   -- Howard Chu