[lsb-discuss] LSB Distribution Status for 3.2 and 4.0

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Aug 19 08:31:13 PDT 2008

Darren Davis wrote:
> Gaurav Jain wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm interested in knowing the distribution list for LSB 3.2 and 4.0
>> compliant distributions.
>>
>> The link at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Distribution_Status
>> only has 3.0 and 3.1 information.  Could somebody please provide the
>> information for 3.2 and 4.0?
>>

> I believe that list is accurate.  I am not certain if any distribution
> has certified to 3.2 but I leave that to an LF representative to
> verify.  LSB 4.0 is not a ratified specification yet, so no
> distribution has tested.  You won't see LSB 4.0 distributions until
> next year.

I replied privately, but to summarize:

that page is someone's effort to informally comment on the
status of various distributions beyond just a list of
what's certified (and does include a link to the certification
page).  As such, it's now substantially out of date, missing
the last three releases of the community distributions Fedora,
Ubuntu and OpenSUSE, and three or four of Mandriva. So it's probably
approaching two years old.

The page should probably be removed unless someone wants to
undertake maintaining it.