[lsb-discuss] Could not find the waiver file

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Mon Aug 25 03:56:41 PDT 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Hao Liu wrote:

> Hi, guys,
>   i'm running lsb-test-printing, when I ran the test, I came into
> following problems:
>
>     [root at dhcp-65-86 printing]# ./run_tests
>     Preserving system lpoptions file...
>     Starting cupsd (sleep 5 seconds)...
>     tcc: journal file is /opt/lsb/test/printing/./results/0002e/journal
>     17:03:50  Execute /convenience/cupsConvenience
>     17:03:56  Execute /ppd/cupsPPD
>     17:03:57  Execute /raster/cupsRaster
>     17:03:58  Execute /testgs/testgs
>     17:04:11  Execute /testfoomaticrip/testfoomaticrip
>     Checking networked waivers information -- file:
>     http://linux-foundation.org/cert/lsb/waivers/lsb-test-printing.3.2.0-1.ia32
>     Could not open waiver file
>     /opt/lsb/test/printing/cups/client/.tjreport/lsb-test-printing.3.2.0-1.ia32
>     at /opt/lsb-tet3-lite/bin/tjreport line 728.
>     /testfoomaticrip/testfoomaticrip 3 FAIL
>     /testfoomaticrip/testfoomaticrip 11 FAIL
>

>     Test was run: 20080825 17:03:50
>     Test Suite Name: lsb-test-printing
>     Test Suite Version: 3.2.0-1
>     Test Suite Architecture: ia32
>     Total Tests Passed: 94
>     Total Tests Failed (including waived): 2
>     Total Tests Failed (excluding waived): 2
>
>   Notice what the red lines said, seems it could not open the waive
> file, I click the link, it directs me to
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Certification but the waiver file. Is
> this causing those 2 failures?

That message just means there isn't any waiver file published for those
tests.  That all happens after the actual testing and is generated by
tjreport. As such, it's completely independent of the actual test
failures.  There was at least one failure that was showing up somewhat
frequently in the foomatic rip test:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/TestPilot32#Printing

But it looks like it was test 13 (which I believe had some work on it
after the pilot).

You can sometimes get more failure detail with -v:

/opt/lsb-tet3-lite/bin/tjreport -n -v /opt/lsb/test/printing/./results/0002e/journal

(-n suppresses going out and looking for the waiver file)

--
Stew Benedict
The Linux Foundation