[lsb-discuss] Build error from lsb-test-printing-3.2.0-1.src.rpm

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Tue Aug 26 03:52:47 PDT 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Hao Liu wrote:

> Hi, guys,
>   Running lsb-test-printing test on my machine gives out 2 errors:
>
>     /testfoomaticrip/testfoomaticrip 3 FAIL
>     /testfoomaticrip/testfoomaticrip 11 FAIL
>

> I tried to analyse the source of lsb-test-printing to find out what's
> going wrong here,
> as root,
>
>       rpm  -i lsb-test-printing-3.2.0-1.src.rpm
>       cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>       rpmbuild -bc lsb-test-printing.spec
>
> it gives out error msg:
>
>     error: File /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/lsb-test-printing-%{ver}.tar.gz:
>     No such file or directory
>     Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.e4CTpk
>     + umask 022
>     + cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
>     + LANG=C
>     + export LANG
>     + unset DISPLAY
>     + cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
>     + rm -rf printing-test
>     + exit 0
>     Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.5tlQWj
>     + umask 022
>     + cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
>     + cd printing-test
>     /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.5tlQWj: line 24: cd: printing-test: No such file or
>     directory
>     error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.5tlQWj (%build)
>
> Look at the red lines, it first remove the dir, then it tried to enter
> the dir, I'm really confused, would someone like to enlight me?

The rm -rf is just normal rpm activity I believe. What's biting you in
this build and mybe some others is the way we pass rpm variables from our
Makefiles to autobuild.

I don't have the source for this particular test handy, but it's basically
something like:

rpmbuild -bb lsb-test-printing.spec --define "ver 3.2.0" --define "rel 1"

If you look at the first few lines of the .spec file, you should see what
values are expected to be passed.

For what it's worth, all the printing tests except the CUPS portion are
shell scripts.

--
Stew Benedict
The Linux Foundation