[lsb-discuss] Build error from lsb-test-desktop-3.2.0-2.src.rpm

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Tue Aug 26 04:01:19 PDT 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Hao Liu wrote:

> hi, guys,
>   i'm running lsb-test-desktop, I ran into the following failures in the
> test results:
>
>   [libxml2]
>
>     XML_30 4 FAIL
>     XML_31 4 FAIL
>

>   [qt]
>
>     tst_QTime_toStringLocale 1 FAIL
>

> I'm trying to find out what's going on by analyzing the source of
> lsb-test-desktop, but building from source failed me:
>
>     rpm -i lsb-test-desktop-3.2.0-2.src.rpm
>     cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>     rpmbuild -bc lsb-test-desktop.spec
>
> The attachment is the building log.

That build error isn't familiar to me. You would want to make sure you
have the 3.2.x lsb-build* packages installed. It could also be issues with
a different build host, as our packages still seem to have a certain
sensitivity to being built elsewhere than our currently adopted host, even
though we use lsbcc and friends. Hopefully someone else will have some
more input on the specific errors.

--
Stew Benedict
The Linux Foundation