[lsb-discuss] Lsb app checker for 4.0

Alexey Khoroshilov khoroshilov at ispras.ru
Tue Aug 26 22:57:08 PDT 2008

Ashish Mishra. wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I need to verify LSB 4.0 compliance for my application.
>
> Currently latest available download for lsbappcheck only supports lsb
> versions: 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2. (
> Linux-app-checker-local-2.0-3.i486.tar.gz
> <http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/form/download-registration?destination=node/3726/ispras.linuxfoundation.org/images/a/ac/Linux-app-checker-local-2.0-3.i486.tar.gz>
> )
>
> Can anyone suggest me the location for Lsb App Checker, which supports
> lsb-version=4.0 ?
>

> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Ashish Mishra

Dear Anish,

The thing is the LSB 4.0 is not a released specification yet. It is
planned for late 2008. For more info see
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/ProjectPlan40.

So the LSB App Checker allows to test compliance to released LSB
versions only. Nevertheless it may give some preliminary hints regarding
to possible future LSB 4.0 compliance.

Regards,
Alexey Khoroshilov,
ISPRAS