[lsb-discuss] Proposed specification for /proc

Kevin P. Dankwardt k at kcomputing.com
Wed Aug 27 08:44:44 PDT 2008

A couple of nits.

1) The exe link will add "(deleted)" if the executable is deleted while
the process is running. If a new file replaces the deleted executable
the exe link still says "(deleted)" - a good thing I think, by the way.
The exe "link", also appears to be a symbolic link but does not behave
that way because of this "deleted" feature. Also, it does not behave
like a hard link either.

2) The "exhibited to the program" seems ambiguous to me. The values of
argv[] can be changed by a process, but, the cmdline value appears to be
unchanged. Perhaps a phrase like "as provided to the process at process
creation" or some such.

I verified this behavior on only one kernel, by-the-way (2.6.23.1-42.fc8)

-kevin dankwardt