[lsb-discuss] 'we have a separate call queued up on Java legal matters'

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Aug 27 08:50:14 PDT 2008

per Ted on today's call

Similarly a reference that Dalibor had sent an email on Java
matters this morning, but which I did not receive, and which
does not show in the piperlail archive.

May I have details on both, and an invite as to the former?

While I will not squawk as to a 'trial use' java requirement
inclusion, which drags in the NDA and indemnification covered
code, a last minute addition 'flipping the switch' beyind that
is not something the LSB as a community have 'reached
consensus' on:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Charter

'The Linux Standard Base (LSB) is a Linux Foundation (LF)
project to develop, through consensus, a set of standards'

Clearly both I, and Alan Cox, have expressed, and documented
serious bases for reservation out of Java full inclusion.

-- Russ herrold