[lsb-discuss] 'we have a separate call queued up on Java legal matters'

Dalibor Topic Dalibor.Topic at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 27 10:09:31 PDT 2008

On 27/08/2008 17:50, R P Herrold wrote:
> per Ted on today's call
>
> Similarly a reference that Dalibor had sent an email on Java
> matters this morning, but which I did not receive, and which
> does not show in the piperlail archive.
>
> May I have details on both, and an invite as to the former?

It was an off-list mail to Ron about the latest draft in the database,
the text was:

"Thanks for the updates, here are a a few remaining things I saw with
the second  draft:

The portion copyright information should include Sun Microsystems, and
the trademark section should mention Java.
One thing I'm not sure about is that the java interpreter man page used
in parts in a section of the document is licensed under the GPL, so
licensing the document under GFDL seems like an odd choice - I assume
the mechanics of that combination are handled through the 'These
excerpts are being used in accordance with their respective licenses.'
text?"

I assume I could also have put it in the bugtracker entry for it, but I
don't know whether those show up on this list, though.

Jeff and others have asked (minutes say 6th August I think) about
getting in touch with the right people to get involved to discuss the
issues you and others have collected, the phone call Ted mentioned would
be that.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Dalibor Topic                   Tel: (+49 40) 23 646 738
Java F/OSS Ambassador           AIM: robiladonaim
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Mobile: (+49 177) 2664 192
Nagelsweg 55                    http://openjdk.java.net
D-20097 Hamburg                 mailto:Dalibor.Topic at sun.com
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer