[lsb-discuss] nss question: did we close on the nspr issue?

Wan-Teh Chang wtc at google.com
Thu Aug 28 10:28:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Wichmann, Mats D
<mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote:

> A while back there was some discussion about the
> need for nspr.  nspr is clearly an internal dependency,
> but if it's /only/ internal it doesn't necessarily have
> to be exposed in LSB.  During a discussion yesterday,
> it turns out LSB participants weren't clear on whether
> we'd closed out that question or not.
>
> Does the nspr library and some set of interfaces
> need to be exposed in LSB?  Or is the current
> proposed state sufficient for what we want to
> accomplish?

I meant to write about this issue yesterday but forgot.

Some NSPR functions need to be exposed to use
the SSL functions in NSS.  These NSPR functions
need to be exposed in LSB.

Since NSPR is a finished product and its API has
been stable for years, I have no problem exposing
all the NSPR functions in LSB.

Wan-Teh Chang