klik2 and LSB (was: "[lsb-discuss] ANNOUNCEMENT: LSB 3.2 Released")

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sun Feb 3 08:00:06 PST 2008

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> The Linux Standard Base version 3.2 has been released.

Congratulations for this release, Jeff! Thanks to all you guys who put
in that much of work to make LSB 3.2 happen.

You may be interested to know that the klik2 [*] development team will
soon make an announcement about our "Milestone 3" release. As you may
know, klik2 heavily relies on LSB, and we hope that 3.2 will be adopted
very quickly by all major distros, and will appear in their upcoming
releases.

Also, the FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting) or-
ganizers have now published an interview they've done with Simon Peter
and myself a while ago. One of the most interesting snippet for you may
be this one:

    "BTW, a klik QA would at the same time prove and ensure the quality
     of the Linux Standard Base itself. To the extent that klik bundles
     run flawlessly on each LSB-compliant distribution, they are proof
     not only of the klik recipe XML's correctness, but also that the
     binaries inside the recipe's ingredient (native) packages were
     built in an LSB-compliant way."

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS