[lsb-discuss] LSB 4.0 discussion: requested interfaces
Wichmann, Mats D
mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Feb 13 11:11:51 PST 2008
I said we should keep the discussions going on the list,
so here goes....
The following interface sets have been asked for at
* Netgroups: endnetgrent, getnetgrent, innetgr, setnetgrent
Accodring to Navigator, the netgroup interfaces are very
lightly used (two instances).
* Mount table interfaces: endmntent, getmntent, hasmntopt, setmntent
According to Navigator, these are more widely used; the
top one is used by 40 apps which is fairly significant.
I'm not sure why so many programs think they need to dig
around in the mount table... getmntent is the top
used-but-not-in-LSB entry that isn't one of the stack-check
* Mounting interfaces: mount, umount
These are moderately used (8 instances of mount)
* rresvport - obtained privileged port, the rcmd* family is
unacceptable these days so this won't be added
* Streams interfaces - it's known on Linux these will return
"no" (isastream) or ENOSYS (all the others: getmsg, getpmsg,
putmsg, putpmsg, fattach, fdetach). Given this, is there any
value to including these stubs so they can answer "no"?
isastream is used four times in the Community Data; the
others are not used.
More information about the lsb-discuss