[lsb-discuss] What version of glibc to target?

Theodore Tso tytso at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 20 08:03:38 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 07:45:47AM -0800, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> I don't think it's so abstract.  People have been told for a couple
> of years now that major LSB versions are intended to line up with
> major enterprise distro versions - this was certainly Ian's mantra.
> If LSB 4.0 does not move the playing field forward, and "the next
> release does", then maybe LSB 4.0 should be called LSB 3.3 instead,
> and the next release be 4.0.

I was assuming that a glibc uplift would be sufficient reason for an
LSB version number bump, especially if it is combined with significant
new ISV tools, such as a new sample implementation and hopefully new
build tools.

						- Ted