[lsb-discuss] Question of LSB DDK for printing

Tatsuya Saito saitou-t at mxd.nes.nec.co.jp
Tue Feb 26 01:44:02 PST 2008

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> > And, the macro don't replace filename in PPD when I gave
> absolute path
> >  with splix driver spec added absolute path.
> > Is it the macro's problem?
>
> This is really strange. Can you post your
>
> %define filternames
>
> line? Did you call the macro
>
> %adjust_ppds
Yes, I used it.

And on splix spec file, created by you, I added following line after
extraversion.
 %define filternames /opt/splix/cups/lib/filter/rastertospl2

In this case, "rastertospl2" in ppd wasn't replaced absolute path.
Because *cupsfilter is replaced by %adjust_ppds only if filternames is
empty.
(see at Line 229 in rpmmacros)

Do you expect this behavior?

> >> The facility to add the driver's executable directory to
> the PATH is
> >> more to simplify the call of maintenance tools, like ink
> >> level checks, ...
> > I think so too, but this way cannot add path immediately
> after install.
> > It causes a problem If drivers are Open Printing Vector
> Driver of IPC
> > extension Type[1].
> > OPVP of IPC extension Type needs executable module to run
> printer driver.
> > So I hope that we can add path(or some way to run module,
> for example
> > symlink to /usr/bin)
>
> What about using absolute paths here.
It's probably ok if I rewrite source files a little to use absolute path.

Thanks.