[lsb-discuss] What version of glibc to target?

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Tue Feb 26 02:59:20 PST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, Theodore Tso wrote:

> So for example, I'd prefer being able to push for LSB 4.0 to target
> glibc 2.5, since among other things glibc 2.5 has the real-time
> priority inheritance mutex support.  But given that SLES 10 is at
> glibc 2.4, we wouldn't do that.

SLES 10 glibc is only symbol version wise on 2.4 level.
I don't know if the whole real-time priority inheritance mutex support
is without interface/binary changes, but I know we backported
some of the code for SLERT.
But we will not backport code which needs a new symbol version (like
2.5).

So it would be interesting to see what is really missing from
SLES10 glibc in regards to glibc 2.5.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)