[lsb-discuss] Question of LSB DDK for printing

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:16:14 PST 2008

Tatsuya Saito wrote:
> Till Kamppeter wrote:
>>> And, the macro don't replace filename in PPD when I gave
>> absolute path
>>>  with splix driver spec added absolute path.
>>> Is it the macro's problem?
>> This is really strange. Can you post your
>> %define filternames
>> line? Did you call the macro
>> %adjust_ppds
> Yes, I used it.
> And on splix spec file, created by you, I added following line after
> extraversion.
>  %define filternames /opt/splix/cups/lib/filter/rastertospl2
> In this case, "rastertospl2" in ppd wasn't replaced absolute path.
> Because *cupsfilter is replaced by %adjust_ppds only if filternames is
> empty.
> (see at Line 229 in rpmmacros)
> Do you expect this behavior?

I think it makes more sense if "filternames" definition also applies to
the "*cupsFilter: ..." entries. Please try the attached rpmmacros file.
It will also apply the path additions defined by "filternames" to the
"*cupsFilter: ..." entries of the PPD files.

If it works for you please tell me and I will upload the file.

>> the PATH is
>>> I think so too, but this way cannot add path immediately
>> after install.
>>> It causes a problem If drivers are Open Printing Vector
>> Driver of IPC
>>> extension Type[1].
>>> OPVP of IPC extension Type needs executable module to run
>> printer driver.
>>> So I hope that we can add path(or some way to run module,
>> for example
>>> symlink to /usr/bin)
>> What about using absolute paths here.
> It's probably ok if I rewrite source files a little to use absolute path.

Which source file do you mean?

Simply try to use an absolute path in all references to a driver/filter
executable in the PPD file.

For dynamic libraries set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

*FoomaticRIPCommandLine: "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/nec/lib/; gs ..."

I could also add a macro for doing this with the PPD files.