[lsb-discuss] [Printing-summit] Google Summer of Code 2008: Application period for mentoring organizations: March 3-12

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Thu Feb 28 20:22:47 PST 2008

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> I suggest Wed March 5, 9pm CET (3pm Eastern, noon Pacific). This was the
> time when we had regular meetings of the OpenPrinting workgroup.

Any time early next week is bad for me, and probably for Ted and Markus,
too; we'll be in Santa Clara, California, meeting with ISVs.

I get back Thursday morning (Eastern) after a red-eye.  Or, we can do it
before Monday.

> If there is at least one non-OpenPrinting project, the mentoring
> organization will be the Linux Foundation, otherwise it should perhaps
> better be OpenPrinting.

I'm cool with that.

> According to our GSoC page
> https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code
> there are non-OpenPrinting projects.

Some of those may not end up being so, but I think we have at least one
to propose.

> We should also have a look at
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_org_apply
> and answer all these 17 questions in the list, so that we can submit the
> application in time and so that we have good chances to be accepted.
> I could do the admin's or backup admin's job as OpenPrinting is one of
> the main contributors of projects. I will also be mentor of some of my
> suggested projects.
> We also need to do some more detailed project descriptions to be more
> attractive to students applying for a project.

Yup.  Not sure who should be the LF caretaker, but perhaps it should be
you and I.  Who is admin, and who is backup, isn't a big deal to me.