[lsb-discuss] LSB conf call notes for 2008-01-09

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Wed Jan 9 08:43:29 PST 2008

Attendees: Russ Herrold, Sam, Stew, Mats, Jeff, Robert, Carlos Duclos,
Vladimir, Alexey, George Kraft

LSB 3.2 beta 2 released.  xts5 tests seem to be the biggest issue.
Stew: not much of a change.  Build fix is in, could test that.  SIGPIPE
is the biggest issue; disabling BIG_REQUESTS fixes it.  Jeff: does that
drop tests we had in vsw4?  Stew: if we tested this, we did it
differently.  Jeff votes for dropping.  Mats is nervous; sweeping a
problem under the rug?  If it's a server problem, that would be good
reason for the quick fix.  Stew: problem seen with non-xvfb X servers,
and also upstream.  Jeff: can't release with this, what plan do we have
for finding the issue before 3.2 releases?  No ideas.  Jeff: debate on
IRC, figure out by Friday or do the quick fix if no new ideas.  Stew:
will look at vsw4 to see what we'd lose by turning that off.

Other 3.2 issues.  Mats: need to make sure everything's in sync and
expected in the DTK/ATK Managers (groupings of core, C++, desktop).
Stew: bug in DTK Manager regarding caching, also bugs in the new core
tests from IBM, other new tests.

Release schedule: beta the rest of the week, start on RC work Monday.
Anything out there that could delay us further?  Mats: new core tests
might need more attention.  Perl and Python might also need some more
love.  Depends on how things go the next few days.

PQM is dragging Mats down.  Server issues due to the Torvalds podcast;
Jeff is attempting to keep things as smooth as possible.

Jeff: 4.0 is coming.  Now would be a good time to look over the
high-priority task list for 4.0 on the project plan, and send me email
about what tasks you'd like to do.  We want progress on all
high-priority tasks by the next F2F, so some may have to be parceled
out, but would like to make sure people get tasks they like where possible.