[lsb-discuss] LSB Perl version

Robert Schweikert robert.schweikert at mathworks.com
Tue Jan 15 04:43:06 PST 2008

Denis Silakov wrote:
> Current LSB Perl specification says: 'The default installed Perl version
> shall be 5.8.X, with X >= 8.'.
>
> (http://www.linux-foundation.org/~stewb/lsb-perl/perlspec/version.html).
>
> However, the latest Perl 5.x release is 5.10.0. Shouldn't specification
> be changed a little?

No. At this point the LSB is still a trailing standard and we evaluate
the versions of software included in various distributions. Most if not
all distributions currently supply version 5.8 of Perl.

Generally we try to avoid forcing distribution vendors into upgrade
cycles to be LSB compliant.

Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                       MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
(robert.schweikert at mathworks.com)                 LINUX