[lsb-discuss] RealPlayer for Linux and LSB

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 10:24:39 PST 2008

On the subject of plugin standardisation I would like to see a
/opt/plugin dir where links could be put for plugins for various apps.
This would require some design and forethought though if done right
would make a nice simple way to update plugins for any software.

maybe a per vendor/project/technology sub structure:
/opt/plugins/Mozilla (all mozilla compatible plugins, firefox,
thunderbird, other software that can use it)
/opt/plugins/Gnome (any Gnome API compatible plugin)
/opt/plugins/KDE (KDE API plugins)
etc.

That way any software capable of using Mozilla plugins always has access
to all installed plugins and provides a simple upgrade path for all
software.

Regards,
Chris Lee