[lsb-discuss] /etc naming conventions buggy

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Fri Jan 18 21:42:31 PST 2008

Peter Moulder wrote:
> I have tried hard to submit a problem report, but failed:
>
>   I click "Problem Reporting", it gives me a list of closed issues.
>   I click the "Login" link just above the list of closed issues, it
>   doesn't offer to create an account and just says login failed.
>   I return to the main LSB page, which offers (at the top of the page)
>   a "Login / create account" link.  The resulting page allows logging in
>   but doesn't allow creating an account.
>   I click the "Sign up" link to the right of the "Login / create
>   account" link, fill in all the required fields, using ‘(individual)’
>   as the organization name.  It reports success.
>   I go back to the "Problem Reporting" page, and try again to login.
>   This time I get "500 Internal error" and ("Powered by CherryPy 2.2.1";
>   should I expect anything better from python software?).
>
> So I give up, and have now subscribed to lsb-discuss, and send this
> problem report to the list.  I'll shortly send another message about a
> bug in a different section.

Specifically relating to the problem reporting system:

We're rolling out a new one.  We've tested it, but clearly it isn't
perfect.  I'll take a look and see if we can fix the problems you
encountered.

One of the issues is that it doesn't integrate with the rest of the site
as well; it has its own login/password screens, but relies on other
parts of the system to create accounts.  We can improve on that, I think.

But, as it turns out, it was probably better to bring your concerns to
lsb-discuss; the problem reporting system is rather narrowly tailored to
specific issues encountered during certification.