[lsb-discuss] Ways for us to work more efficiently

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Jan 25 06:30:53 PST 2008

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 08:47:19AM -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
>> Certainly a lot of good thoughts here. I think when we talk about a
>> "Getting Started" page we should consider having 3 pages instead of
>> one. It is my believe that we can provide better focus on the target
>> audience if we have the information separated. We have at least 3
>> groups of "customers"
>>
>> 1.) Distribution vendors
>> 2.) People interested in contributing to the LSB
>> 3.) ISVs
>
> Agreed.  I was primarily thinking about #2, but in general, you're
> write.  We are in the process of hiring an "ISV Outreach Manager" and
> a "ISV Technology Evangelist" whose full-time job it would be to reach
> out to ISV's; those two positions will be reporting to Markus, and it
> will be their job to write the "Getting Started" page for ISV's.
>
> Given that we have all of the critical distribution vendors certifying
> to LSB 3.x, I hadn't worried as much about getting a "Getting Started"
> page for distro vendors, but it would be a good idea to have that as
> well.

well, we sort of have stuff like that (although anything could always
be better); it's the information for contributors that seems to have
fallen off the wiki.  We ought to be able to find the page somewhere,
even if it's in some dump of the old wiki.  The search tools aren't
that good at finding a page if you don't just happen to see a link
to it, so it's probably just there and eluding me (when found, it
*will* be out of date).