[lsb-discuss] Ways for us to work more efficiently

Theodore Tso tytso at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 25 06:44:02 PST 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 06:30:53AM -0800, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> well, we sort of have stuff like that (although anything could always
> be better);

Yes, we do, and I'm not ignoring what we already have; the goal though
is to make the entry point especially for ISV's to be much inviting to
them, and there are folks whose job it will be to do that.

> it's the information for contributors that seems to have
> fallen off the wiki.  We ought to be able to find the page somewhere,
> even if it's in some dump of the old wiki.  The search tools aren't
> that good at finding a page if you don't just happen to see a link
> to it, so it's probably just there and eluding me (when found, it
> *will* be out of date).

Do you think what was there in the old wiki has enough content that
it's worth going back to it and updating it, versus just starting from
scratch?  For example, was it pre- or post- the bzr conversion?

There's actually a lot of the information that a new contributor would
want on the front page of the LSB workgroup wiki:

     http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LSB_Wiki

But it's mixed in with a lot of other stuff that's not as useful to
someone who is just trying to get started and is trying to find their
way around the project.

						- Ted